HOW TO PLAY ONLINE BACCARAT
HOW TO PLAY ONLINE BACCARAT
What is an online baccarat game?
Online baccarat game is a card game that is similar to blackjack. This game is played with the help of eight decks of 52 cards. The objective of the game is simple: win by having a hand value closest to nine. There are only two possible outcomes in every round; making it an ideal casino choice for players who have limited experience with gambling games or card games in general.
In addition, because there’s no skill involved (this isn’t poker), online casinos may allow new players from certain countries to participate even if they’re underage. Players can wager on their own hands against the house dealer, while at live casinos, other patrons will place bets on either side as well.
Baccarat was invented during the Middle Ages and is named after its worst hand, which is a zero. Baccarat is played with six decks of cards (reshuffled after each hand) and with two players, you and the Banker. One hand is dealt to each of you. To win, you must pick the hand with the highest total, the highest score being 9, and the lowest a zero. If you bet on a tie and win, you get paid 9 to 1 for bigger wins.
Ok, so you can bet on the Player, the Banker, a Tie or a combination of all three. The Player plays first. If the total of the Player's hand is between zero and 5, draw another card. If the total of the Banker's hand is 7, 8 or 9, a new card is not drawn. If the total is zero, 1 or 2, the Banker draws another card. There's two buttons involved: with the Bet button you can pick Player, Banker or Tie. Click on the chips at the bottom right to wager them. To deselect chips, click on them in the betting area and with the Deal button you start the game after you have placed your bet.
You will win:
- If you picked a Tie to win and there is a tie;
- If you bet on the Player and the hand wins, you win what you bet. A RM5 bet pays back your RM5, plus an additional RM5;
- If you bet on the Banker and the hand wins, you win your bet minus a 5% commission*. For example, a RM5 bet pays back RM5, plus an additional RM4.75;
- You bet on a Tie and if the Tie wins, you get nine times your bet. A RM5 bet pays back RM5, plus an additional RM45.
*Note: The commission is 5% of the bet and is rounded up to the next quarter.
For example, a minimum bet of RM6 would deduct a 50 cents commission.
5% of RM6 = 30 cents, but since the commission is rounded up to the next 25 cents; the commission is actually 50 cents.
5% Of RM11 = 55 cents makes the actual commission 75 cents.
- The suit of a card has no value;
- Cards numbered from 2 to 9 have face value;
- 10’s, Jacks, Queens, and Kings are worth zero;
- Aces have a value of 1;
- Add the values of each card in the hand, dropping the tens place value to find the score. For example, 7 + 7 = 14 results in a value of 4 when you drop the tens place value (the number 1 in 14).